Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Ready for the ceiling drywall

Just a quick update tonight and no photos....sorry.

We have pretty much everyhting done in the kitchen except for drywal on the ceiling. Once I get some help with the 4 sheets I have to put up I will be able to start mudding.

I spent the weekend finishing the strapping and the drywall on the walls. Nothing to exciting here.

Mel and I sorted out our lighting plan for the kitchen. I have a bit of electrical still to do. We are installing pot lights so I will pre-wire the ceiling to make everything easier after the ceiling drywall is up.

I also built the bases for our kitchen cabinets. I am using 2 x 6 as a base in order to support the weight of the concrete countertops. One good thing about getting the bases done is it allows us to easily visualize the layout of the kitchen.

Hopefully later this week I can sucker...err...get a friend over to help with the remaining drywall.

No comments: