Thursday, June 08, 2006

sorry, sorry for the lack of posts.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Not a lot has changed, the house is still under construction. One good thing is that Mel has finished her last exam (Architecture). She managed to do 10 exams in about 10 months. Pretty soon she'll be a full blown architect, she should be getting her final results in August or September.

Well the kitchen is still a work in progress. The drywall is all up and I am in the midst of mudding it. Once again I owe Robin big for coming over to help. Tonight I finished the second coat, however I am really taking my time so that it all comes out looking great.

A while back I got bored and tore down our little cold room (off the kitchen). So it's now gone and will soon be replaced by a new deck. The plan is to build a wrap around deck (L shaped). I even ordered the cedar today. In fact I think our priority might be to get the deck done. Who needs a kitchen in the summer when you can BBQ.

Tomorrow we take delivery of our new French garden door. I can't wait to see how the kitchen will look with it in.

We have also finally gotten a garbage bin in. Now we can start cleaning up our yard and keep the neighbours happy.

Hopefully I will get back into posting again and be able to show you some finished work for a change.

No comments: