Wednesday, March 15, 2006

New photos and a new fridge

I spent most of my evening working on finishing small tasks. We will shortly be mostly finished with the living room, leaving only the mudding of the drywall, the painting, tiling the foyer floor and installing the bamboo flooring...oh yeah and some little finishing touches. We also got our new and very needed fridge today, it is quite something. Now I have to drag our old piece of crap out to the curb. Maybe I will host a competition on how long it lasts before one of my neighbours grabs it.

I am mostly done drwyalling the half-wall and pillar just waiting on cutting a new heating vent in the master and hooking up the heating. Once that is done I will be able to close off the pillar. I also put on some drywall edge tape.

I hung the last big sheet of drywall on the ground floor, the one around the window in the dining area.

I also spent the evening getting ride of the last bit of garbage in the master as well as sweeping and moping the room. It is ready to be worked on now. The next few days will likely mean a break from renovating as the NCAA basketball tourney starts (Thursday) and its St. Patty's day on Friday. I am hoping on Saturday to insulate the master, build the new closet, redo all the electrical and maybe get some drywall hung.

As promised here are some new (colour) photos of the master.

Here is a photo looking at the front wall of the master, it's 15' in length. We will eventually replace the door to the front balcony. I will also drywall over the existing plaster rather than trying to patch the holes and bumps in it.

This photo is looking from the north wall where the headboard of our bed will be. This wall is 13' in length. As you can see I have exposed the studs of the shared wall.

This view is from the north-east corner of the room and shows the entrance to the room. The shared wall will soon be insulated noise reduction and fire protection. After that I will build a new closet that will be about 10' in length and 24" deep. The wall of the closet closest to the door will house the electrical switches for the room. I will also add several new recepticles to the room as well.

One last picture showing the entrance from the coner of the front wall and the shared wall. You can still see the door to an old closet from the adjacent bedroom. I will drywall over the door closing it off and leaving the adjacent room with no closet but we now have a huge master.

No comments: