Tuesday, March 21, 2006

1 closet down, drywall to go

We are really starting to move along. We have decided to concentrate our attention once again on the master bedroom in order to get it done as quickly as possible. The reason we have decided to do this is because we have decided to completely renovate our kitchen in April and figured we may as well save our bamboo floors from all the potential damage from that renovation.

I spent my evening working on the electrical and cleaning up the master. The master turned out to be the most intricate electrical work I've had to do so far. I must say that I am getting pretty good at this electrical thing. All the wiring worked out perfectly and passed all my circuit tests. The master got all new wiring which was also nice, anytime I can get ride of the older 2 wire wiring it's all good.

After the wiring I cleaned and cleaned the room. I want to get rid of as much of the dust as possible before I start drywalling the room tomorrow.

So now that the closet is completely done and all the wiring in the room is done, I can start on the drywall and fixing up a couple deficiencies. I will need to make sure I have the proper backings in corners to ensure that the drywall has something to be nailed to. I will also have to put up a few more strips of strapping (which holds the ceiling drywall).

I have some areas where the lath and plaster has been removed I will have to put in shims to bring that area out level with the rest of the lath and plaster so that when I drywall over it, it all comes out even.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you 2 are making great progress . Reminds me of the days I re modeled our house in Pointe Claire. I look forward to following the progress.

Uncle dave