Monday, March 13, 2006

Dust and more dust

Here are some new photos, I am not sure why some came out in black and white the next ones will hopefully show how the master is progressing.

This photo is of The Bish and I putting up the first of many drywall sheets. I'm obviously displaying my supervisory skills. I am very thankful Robin was able to help and we are now a major step closer to finishing. If you look carefully you will see some wood nailed into the existing walls, these help support the sheet and make it a heck of a lot easier on us (good idea Robin).

The next photo shows the almost finished ceiling, we are getting a professional mudder to finish the drywall joints correctly.

Well the lazy garbage men didn't take our 20+ bags of garbage...go figure. It looks like we will end up renting a bin and get rid of the garbage then.

Today I tore down the lath and plaster shared wall exposing the studs. After working at that for an hour and getting completely covered in dust I decided to leave the clean up till tomorrow. Once everything is cleaned up I will then be able to insulate the wall, build the new closet, wire the electrical, extend the heating to the master and then finally drywall the walls and ceiling....look out Robin.

After that I started drywalling the half-wall, my initial worry was that the wall would not being steady enough, but that worry was quickly alleviated. I built in as much support as possible and figured that along with the drywall, would make it pretty solid. It sure did, the wall doesn't move an inch when shook.

Tomorrow will be a clean up in the master followed by finishing the drywall on the half-wall and maybe even the end wall in the dining area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have an inverted dome ceiling or is it the camera angle?

Where did you take courses in grammar and spelling -- Laurentian University? Couldn't be Rideau Valley or Richmond High!!

I can't fault the renovations; they look great. I can hardly wait to get home and see the house.