Friday, April 07, 2006

A few moments of anxiety

Well not really much to post. The taping and the first coat of mud for the master are done now. I am hoping to finish the next two coats over the weekend. I din't get as much work done this week as I would have like but I was stuck at a large defence contractors tradeshow Wednesday and Thursday and got home both nights completley exhausted.

Last night (thursday) was a little nerve wracking, for those that remember what happened to me in 2000 will find this funny. I was driving home around 5 pm, as I approached the intersection of Bayswater and Scott there was a Police barricade preventing me from going farther down Scott to get home. This definitely go my interest peaked, what heck was going on? I managed to get on some of the side streets and was qucikly driving down Ladouceur (which is the cross street near our place). Well as I am getting closer to our place I see another police barricade which looks like it is blocking off my street, not to mention a few fire trucks. Now I am really starting to sweat, police and fire trucks blocking off my street mixed with my history and the fact that I did the wiring in our place....oh crap what is going on. Luckily as I got closer the barricade was the next street over....phew.

As it turns out a Hydro transfer station caught fire which in turn left our area powerless until around 6 am this morning. The outing according to the media reports left 2000 people in Westboro without power, so I guess the good news is that I am no longer am in Hintonburg but actually in the more desireable neighbourhood of Westboro...that's great news for our property value.

For those who are not familiar with my history, particularily 2000 "this is the rest of the story" (imagine my best Paul Harvey voice). In Feburary of that year I had an apartment fire that destroyed everything that I owed and completely destroyed the old row house apartement I was living in. Luckily I had insurance so I ended up ok. So you can imagine the anxiety I feel when I see firetrucks near my house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - only 13 spelling errors this time - -getting better!!

the old prof.

Anonymous said...

that was sure scary.. glad everything was ok